Friday, February 16, 2007

Somethin Crazy

This blogging thing has gotten out of hand, apparently you aint no one unless ya got one. I swore I would never have one but after seeing everyone that I know spill their guts on their own website, I've decided to reconsider my opinion about them and will try to have a postive atitude towards them and their creators from here on out. Anyway, I'm finally over the flu that has plagued me for the past two weeks. It feels good to actually do something other than nothing. Before my down time I had been putting in some solid winter miles and I was pretty happy with where I was. Oh yeah, and I'm finally keeping a training log.

My first fitness test of the year was the Owen Cup, a local psuedo-race where all the locals come out to show off their hard work during the off season. Turns out I was faster than I would have ever imagined, cause I rode away from a local Pro/Cat 1/Cat 2 peloton and stayed there for over 50 miles. It was pretty intense, and hurt pretty bad.

As I write this I'm packing up to go on one of the more mannlier outings that I've ever thought of doing. The goal is to meet B-randon and matteo in Harrisonburg to do a double mountain bike century on the Shenandoah 100 course. Hopefully were far enough south to avoid Sasquatch and his crazy shenanigans, but we'll see.

So there you have it, my first blog posting...take it or leave it

No comments: