Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Odds and Ends

It's getting closer now and I can feel it. Seven Springs is just a handful of days away and the butterflys in my stomach won't let me forget it. Am I prepared? I haven't a clue. I do know that it's been quite a while since I've been this excited about a race. The best part is that my race bike isn't even ready to ride yet. I just got off the phone with Taylor and we decided to go with the Dakota Elite hardtail frame. It looks pretty sweet, same geometry as the Dragon only it's aluminum with carbon stays. I think it might even be better than the Dragon but we'll see. I'm sure I'll have a pretty good idea of how it rides by Sunday afternoon. Friday will be Official Frame Swap Day and then it's off to Seven Springs to camp for the night. Matteo and a 'mystery guest' will be making the journey with me as my pit crew.

If this doesn't get you pumped to race for 24 hours, nothing will.



In other, more corporate news, I have been diligently working on top-notch resume to submit to Jamis Bicycles next week. I am really hoping that it pans out and turns into something good. I've also sent emails to other companies in the industry in hopes that someone takes pity on poor mountain bikers. I also gave my first speech of the year in my communications class this morning. Public speaking is not my thing, at all. I couldn't help but feel uterley pathetic when I realized that I am hundreds of times more willing to destroy myself in this weekend's race than to stand in front of a class of 20 freshman and give a simple 2 minute introduction speech about myself. I was terrified. Is it lack of self confidence, being afraid of what people think of me, people not accepting me...? I have no idea. All I know is that it has always been like that for me, ever since my 5th grade science presentation on rabbits. Weird...

No comments: