Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hey 29'er bandwagon! Wait for Me....

I demo'ed my first true big wheeler this past weekend. The rest of my bike didn't quite make it home in time to take the Dakota out for a few rides so I tested out the new 69er from Trek. Whoever came up with the idea, they knew what they were doing when they did it. The newest 69er also featured Fox's new 29 inch fork with 80 mills of squish, so it had to be good. First impressions of the bike: Fun, lots of fun. It does everything its supposed to do. The big front wheels rolls over everything and stays straight at speed, and had a very noticable, streamroller effect. It turns great too, not real quick but alot more stable than a 26er. The only time I didn't like it was in real slow, twisty singletrack where it felt like it had some flop, but at speed, you can't beat it. Oh, and Fox is still the best in the world. I'm definitely wanting to try a full-on 29er now and feel the difference in the rear wheel. All in all, I'm sold on the idea. Not that I never believed the hype about 29ers, just that I didn't think the difference was that big. But now I do, and it'd be sweet to race one next year.

1 comment:

Lester said...

have you been hanging out with John Webb?