Friday, January 2, 2009

warning labels


Army Holds Annual 'Bring Your Daughter To War' Day

I had a scary moment today. Cleaning and replacing contaminated brake pads this afternoon, I whipped out the brake cleaner to touch up the rotors and calipers. After hitting both rotors, I turned to the rear caliper and gave it the tiniest squirt to get the brake fluid and brake dust out. The cleaner went into the caliper, and then quickly richoceted directly into my eyeball. I almost panicked. I stood there, debating with myself whether or not I would retain sight in my right eye. But I did, it just burned like hell. I looked up the MSDS sheet for brake cleaner. It read, "In case of contact with eyes, flush for at least 15 minutes. Seek emergency assistance immediately".

I only flushed for about 11 minutes. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me.
Photos are hard to take in a moving car. This is a perfect example. But it sort of looks like lots of bikes.

And it's impossible for me to get enough of these

Or this

No comments: