Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mahogany

Between coffee, tea, GU's, and fruit smoothies, most of my calories from the past week have come from liquids.
I make two of these every day.

Quite a bit has gone on in the way of riding the past week or two. There was a race. I didn't do so well in this race, but in a sort of way, I'm glad I don't have a whole lot of fitness right now. The past 4 or 5 years always seemed like I came out swinging early on in the spring. I'd like to temper that this year. Race legs aren't that far away though...

I spent this past weekend at ESU with Jen and got in some good miles there too. 15 minute hell, I mean hill, repeats up and over Rt 191 on Friday. Saturday was a big mile, tri-state ride through NY, NJ, and PA along new back roads along the Deleware Water Gap. I love riding in the spring. Knee warmers and longsleeves are my favorite. So much more than shorts and short sleeves.

Then there was the Knife Fight. A 70 mile group ride with a handful of dirt road ((very steep)climbing) time sections. It was tough. It was cold. It was raining. It was a mess. It was a hell of a good time. I had no idea there were so many dirt roads round here!
Why do I look so serious?

I'm starting to get pretty comfy on the Spark. I like it!

1 comment:

Kevin Deibert said...

i took the same approach. last year i was strong in march-june....but by september/oct....when being in the woods is fun, i was smoked and didn't want to be on a bike.

what;s interesting is how much fitness you retain.....without training for it.
residual fitness i guess.