Friday, August 21, 2009

Never look at the camera

Except during a real interveiw. Yeah, I know now.

From the Windham XC on Saturday.



Cycling Videos on CyclingDirt

I was happy with my race but not so much with my finish. I had feeling pretty beat down after the last few weeks so per my coach (ok, my best friend), I took the entire week leading up to Windham off, and it seemed to pay off. My legs were alot better than they had been the previous week and they were able to put inside the top 25, right where I know I am capable of being. That felt good. With so much traveling in the last few months, my body's got a weird vibe. Most years, around this time, I've done so much riding and racing that I'm ready for the season to be done. But with so many high-key races lately, I haven't been doing a whole lot of riding, let alone training, during the week at all. Come to think of it, the last time I really "trained" was clear back in the begining of July and not much then either. So my mind is still ready to go; but my body is sabatoging that. Lets move on the Sunday.
As per my sweet interview, Matt and I drove home to hit French Creek the next morning. (That should actually read, 'I drove Matt home, whilst he SLEPT in the passanger seat', but that's neither here nor there) I was in my bed by a very respectable 11:30 that night considering a 2pm start time that afternoon. Long story short; I got 2nd, again, for the third year in a row. That stings a little, but at least it was to my other bff, who I hadn't seen since April. So it was cool.

No comments: