Thursday, April 29, 2010

The obligatory bike breakdown...

My trip to the west coast landed me with the last little bit of sponsor product for the season, so I'll get this over with.

My race bike this year is sweet.  Really sweet.  Scott hooked me up big time, and I'm lucky enough to have an event-only rig for 2010.  The Spark RC frame is identical to last years, save for the BB30 bottom bracket and updates graphics.  I love the way it climbs, and it just floats over everything on the descents.  It rides just as good as it looks.  I love it.  And I'm not just saying that.

As soon as I made on the ground in Monterey, I hoofed it straight to the X-Fusion booth were they handed me matching 2011 Velvet fork and O2 shock to mount up.  Initial impression, really really good.  They've got a good thing going.  I was surprised how keyed up they were on tuning the squish for each person.  They must have re-tuned 20 forks or shocks everyday for riders.  So far, my setup feels awesome, just dialing in some of the fine tune adjustments and dialing in air pressure for the rocks back home here. Plus, the graphics are painted on.  So...no more peeling decal stickers!  I hope the second fork and shock show up soon.

And the rubber...Schwalbe.  The first time I've ridden them extensively.  Most noticeable...super supple casing.  Went with high volume 2.25's all the way around.  Rocket Ron, Nobby Nic, Racing Ralph, and Smart Sam.  Even rolling on 25c Durano's on the road bike.  Bigger seems to be better, or at least cushy, very cushy.

The fillers:
Full Sram XX kit
Ritchey WCS wheels, with bling white DT Swiss hubs
Crankbrothers Candys 4ti
ESI grips
And the same old saddle...

It really is as cool as it looks.

Check out the new SCOTT RC Mountain Bike Team blog, new for this year.  Look for race updates, pics, sponsor stuff, and other generally cool things.

No comments: