Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Can't seem to shake this weird feeling for the past couple of weeks.  Something like being sick, fatigued, or plain unmotivated.  Or some depressing combination of all three.  I struggle every year to fill my off-season with something.  Anything.  While it seems like every other pro is off taking vacations or decompressing in some epic location, most Octobers and Novembers I don't do much of anything.  I've got school which is finishing up this semester, which is a little bittersweet.  I leaned on that crutch pretty hard for a while so that will shake things up but I think for the better.  And maybe I'll have some money too.

But maybe that's it.  Maybe my thing is not doing much during the off season.  I feel like I put a lot of energy into my MTB season so when October and November roll around, I need a healthy dose of downtime.  I look forward to snowshoeing and eventually hitting the gym later on but in general I think a deep recharge is in order.  Sleeping in, short and easy rides,  and yoga all feel really, really good.  And feeling good is the name of the game right now.  So I'll stick with that.  If there's one thing my experience tells me its that a good season starts with and good off-season.  And a good off-season is whatever you want it to be, as long as you feel good about it.

Some game changing news about to hit the local MTB scene!!  Gotta keep the lid on it for now though.

No comments: