Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today was a milestone. One I always knew would come.

Jenny and I went on our first legitimate mountain bike ride together. Not only that, she is "training" for the Marysville XC race coming up in two weeks. The entire plan was supposed to be a suprise, but I am awesome at ruining suprises...and I foiled it. Once I found out, I couldn't possibly turn down an oppurtunity to get out on a ride with her so when spent the afternoon spinning around Green Lane. I can't deny the fact that I was truly impressed with her mad skills. On only her second experience on an off-road bicycle, she was rolling down water-bar descents and making a few rooty climbs. If she's not hooked by now, it won't take long.
Tomorrow I'll make a call to USA Cycling and try to pull some strings to have her added to the womens' Olympic Long Team roster.

No comments: